The Talitha Koum Society is a non-profit organization empowering women with addictions to lead healthy and fulfilling lives by providing a home, a spiritual and nurturing community, 12-step programming, and life-skills training.
We are currently accepting applications until mid-January for the position of Executive Director.
In continuous operation for 18 years, Talitha Koum (TK) has a well-earned and –recognized record of success in our field; we are looking for someone to continue to guide the organization, building on the solid fundamentals already in place.
The Executive Director will provide overall management, administration, and organization of TK’s two homes, both of which are located in Coquitlam, B.C. In addition, as the public face of the society, the E.D. will focus on fundraising. Ideally, the E.D. will work a 30-hour week and be prepared to work overtime when required.
Degree in a related human / social service / medical field (Master’s-level preferred)
- Knowledge and experience in dealing with the addict population
- Demonstrated experience supporting, managing and providing leadership to frontline staff
Exceptional business skills with experience in not-for-profit industry
- Three years relevant managerial experience
- Fundraising experience preferred
High levels of achievement in the following areas:
- Expertise in management, leadership and business acumen
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Communication, multi-tasking and time management
- Mentoring, motivating and interpersonal skills
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to model strong self-care and boundaries to program staff
- Ability to function effectively in difficult or crisis situations
- Able and willing to negotiate/mediate conflict
- Supervisory, excellent problem-solving, decision-making, organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build productive and supportive relationships with staff, management and clients
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to maintain healthy professional boundaries
- Demonstrated proficiency with various computer programs and Microsoft programs – Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work flexible hours – including day/evening/weekends
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license with good driving record
- Must have a reliable vehicle that can transport clients if needed
- Satisfactory vulnerable-sector criminal record check
Must have and maintain First Aid and Food Safe Certification
Apply now thru Charity Village
CASUAL ON-CALL SUPPORT WORKERS – EVENING SHIFTS
The Talitha Koum Society is a non-profit organization empowering women with addictions to lead healthy and fulfilling lives by providing a home, a nurturing community, 12 step programming and life skills training.
If you are interested in being a part of our team and making a difference in the lives of women and children, consider this opportunity with us.
- Provide mentorship, direction and advice to clients for the variety of obstacles that may arise during the recovery process. This often includes actively listening to frustrations, fears, difficulties and apprehensions that clients have regarding their ongoing recovery
- Supervise house operations to ensure safety of clients
- Administer all House Rules and Spiritual Principles. Contact Program Director/Executive Director when major disciplinary measures are called for
- Promote healthy lifestyle habits through food planning, hygiene and decisions for clean living
- Provide regular guidance and on-on-one communication to clients during shift
- Receive clients’ medications, keep medications in office (to prevent loss/theft) provide reminders and encouragement for clients to take medications and ensure clients’ sign and date medication logs
- Maintain daily log accounting for client activity
- Debrief oncoming staff of events which took place during employee’s shift
Please submit resume and 3 references to sharon(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)talithakoumsociety.org